Thursday 16 February 2012

They got me dang nabbit!

So it happend.....

Ze funny Bonafide Jones tagged me in this taggy thingy ma bobby that's spreading like wildfire everywhere!

So why not? Lets do this! It'll either be entertaining, or seriously boring, so you can't say you weren't warned folks!

So these be the rules:
Rule#1: Put the rules on your blog.

Rule#2: Every person tagged should tell 11 things about themselves, answer the 11 questions asked by the one that tagged you, tag 11 other people and ask them 11 different questions.

Rule#3: Let the people whom you tagged know you've done so.

Rule#4: Don't tag anyone who's been tagged before.

Rule#5: Really do tag 11 others, don't go all ''if you want to take this tag''.

Reet, 11 things about myself:

1) I'm tri-lingual (I dunno if that's actually a word, but spell check is not telling me otherwise!).  I iz fluent in the English, I speak Urdu- not really well, but enough to get by, and I know British Sign Language (so I can diss you via sign and you wouldn't even know mwahahaha).   I have a GCSE in German, but I've forgotten most of it, and only remember nonsensical things like 'Meine keneinchen ist groB und dich' <<<there are probably all sorts of things wrong with that sentance.

2) I have a scar in my eye- not on my eye- but actually in my eyeball, my right one.  When I was 8, a faulty part of my money box (the cool ones with a little padlock and key) broke when I tried to open it to get some money (for a lion bar!! I remember that I wanted that chocolate so vividly), and so one of the little metal bits flew into my eye.  I screamed the house down and my mum called the ambulance.  I had three stitches in my eye, and the surgeon told us that the metal part was millimetres away from my retina, and if I had rubbed my eye in the wrong position, I could've lost my sight in my right eye!

3) I LOVE anime and manga.  I've seen every 'Sailor Moon' episode (the japanese with eng subs, not the crappy dubbed ones), I adore Death Note, One Piece, Dragon ball and thanks to my cousin Tee, who knows I love manga, I'm obsessed with Naruto!

4) I switched from an android (HTC Desire) to an Iphone 4s!  Sorry android gang, I sold out.  I was really apprehensive about getting an Iphone, cuz I loved my HTC so much, but the Iphone is AMAZINGGGG.  Photo Stream is genius. 

5) I will graduate from the University of Leeds in the summer in Audiology (google it), if all goes well and I don't fail everything at the last minute!  

6) I LOVE travelling! I hope to visit every continent at some point.  So far I've been to:
Europe: France (Paris, Calais), Spain (Barcelona), Holland (Amsterdam)
Africa: Morroco (Marrakech)
Asia: Pakistan (Jhelum, Lahore, Islamabad), Saudi Arabia (Mecca, Medina), Dubai
North America: New York (everywhere!), North Carolina (?), Florida (Orlando)

Still South America, Australasia and the Antarctic to go! 

7) My favourite songs of all time are: Charmer- Kings of Leon, Crush on you- Mr Cheeks, Scarred Tissue- RHCP, Run to the Sun- N.E.R.D 

8) I regularly have dreams that are in places that I've dreamt before- to the point where some of my 'dream worlds' are very very familiar, and I could probably describe them (I wont, it'll bore you). Most people I talk to say they rarely remember what they dream and think they're in diff places every time, but sometimes, I'm dreaming, and I know I've dreamt this place before.........have I lost you?! 

9) I get crazy excited when I see anything yellow, and am ridiculously easy to please- I'm like a child...or a pet, actually.

10) I don't believe that the term 'soulmate' refers exclusively to your life partner.  My best friend is my soulmate, because we're just so in sync (or *nsync if you wanna be 90's boyband-ish!), and our friendship is, like, beyond friendship.  I need her to survive.....simples. 

11) I determine who I define as a friend by how comfortable out silences are...I think a true friend is someone who you can comfortably sit in silence with, without having to worry about annoying small talk and superficial conversation. 

And now 11 questions for me from Bonafide Jones:

1. Have you ever cheated on someone?
Nope, and I hopefully never will!

2. What do you think happens when we die?
As a Muslim, I believe that our good deed and bad deeds will be weighed up and we'll either go to heaven or hell, womp womp (pretty heavy, huh?)

3. If male, are you happy with the size of your penis? If female do you think you are pretty?
I am not a male, but I am very happy with my penis.  
I don't think I'm stunning, but I'm not ugly or owt.

4. Stars. Old light or new?
Aren't stars like, billions or millions of years old and the stars we see are just the afterglow of stars that died that long ago? Yes? No? meh

5. For a million dollars would you kill another person? They aren't really that important and you will not get caught.
No, I am a terrible liar and feel incredibly guilty if I've done even the littlest thing wrong!

6. Should all religions be treated/respected equally?
I think so.  I'm a Muslim, my best friend at Uni is Sikh, I have a lot of good Christian and Hindu friends, and some of the most inspirational people I've met in my life are Jewish/Christian or Atheists.  Religion makes no difference to me when I'm making a friend.  "Let there be no compulsion in religion"(Qur'an, 2:256).  To each there own.  Don't let some ignorant fools who misrepresent faith cloud your judgement on religious people.    

7. Think of something embarrassing that you did that makes you cringe every time it crosses your mind. What is it? 
Good Lord, I still cringe with embarrassment when remembering this! 
When I was 11, I went on this adventure weekend thing that our school organised, where you could go caving, rock climbing etc. etc.  After one of the activities, our group leader asked me if I would do this challenge, where I had to climb along this horizontally lain log that was rotating whilst singing a song.  Now when I climbed on the log, I slipped a little, and the mentor was trying to help me keep my balance, and only God knows why my bowls decided to disobey me at that moment, but I ended up farting....in his FACE....in front of my class mates.
Luckily a boy wet his pants when we went canoeing the next day, so my shame was short lived *sigh*

8. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? It doesn't matter whether or not they would want to see you.
My cousin who lives 2 seconds from me.  I'd want her to make me laugh, and try to make her laugh before we were all doomed!

9. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
Never be able to make new ones.  I'm one of those sad people you see laughing to themselves, as I often remember the hilarious moments my family and friends have provided me with!

10. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
Cuz I think most people are scared to actually do what they want to do.  It's easier to conform, and play it safe, working in a job we don't particularly like, but we know brings home the bacon, as opposed to taking a risk and living life on the edge- which could potentially lead to you being broke and jobless (or jobless and broke!).
Personally I think life's to short, and try to tick off as many things on my 'to do list' as I can! (That are within my budget, mind!)

11. If Hollywood made a movie about your life, what actor do you think would be cast to play you?
Probably this guy:
Johnny Lever, one of the funniest actors in the world I reckon.  
Add a bit of lipstick, and that's what I look like. 

OK, Now My 11 people I'm tagging and 11 questions:
I'm aware that most people have already done this tag thing, so if i tag you again you don't really have to do it (It's not a matter of life or death or anything!)


peeps I've tagged:
  1. Gaping Mind @ A Gaping Mind is not necessarily and open one
  2. Esbboston @ My Worlds My Words My Worries
  3. Sujana @ Dreaming in December
  4. Copyboy @ Not worth mentioning
  5. Snowwhite @ One time one meeting
  6. Shockgrubz @ Randoom blog
  7. Dopdavid @ How to turn social networks into cash money
  8. Dreadnaught @ Some things you may find interesting
  9. Max Evel @ Max eval
  10. (MOV) @ mothersofbrothersblog
  11. Jimmy Fungus @ JimmyFungus.com
Again, sorry for repeat tagging peeps! Completion is not compulsory ;)

 11 Questions for you to answer:

  1. If you could change one thing about yourself physically, what would you change?
  2. If you had to choose one song to listen to everyday for the rest of your life, what would it be?
  3. If a wizard randomly appeared, and offered you the gift of immortality, would you take it and why?
  4. If you could be one character from a book/comic/movie, who would you be?
  5. Red lorry or Yellow lorry?
  6. What's your favourite type of food (curry, chinese, italian etc.) 
  7. Are some people born evil, or is it a learnt behaviour?
  8. Who is your hero? Why?
  9. What was your favourite subject in school?
  10. Do you think animals have consciousness like we humans do? Do they have a sense of selfhood, and are they aware of their feelings and experiences?
  11.  Do you believe in Aliens?
Look forward to seeing peoples answers! 
Happy blogging xo

31 comments:

  1. I could comment on practically everything you have said..but I'm gonna keep it simple. This is your best post yet, my brother!

    And don't be modest. We all know you're a sexy beast. Even if you do have a penis.

    GM x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's awesome you have a scar in your eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, your number 11 floored me!

    I like you, so I played along. My answers are now posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey, It's funny cuz it's true :P

      Whoop I'll check it out!

      Delete
  4. Omg I love sailor moon!! :D and I still regularly read manga when I have time...and you're pretty awesome to choose Johnny Lever to play you! I'm gonna go finish your questions :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO WAY! It's so hard to find sailor moon lovers where I'm from! Cool I'll go check them out now :)

      Delete
  5. weird..i have a mark in my eye too! are you in anyway my long lost sibling? ;)
    fun tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oohh i might have to do this, its been over a month since i did my last one :) ill let you know when i complete it!
    ilove your answers haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wait eagerly in anticipation of your answers :D

      Delete
  7. How dare you Tag ME !
    LOL!
    Joking :-)
    Okay, I am just going to answer your questions here.
    I don't have enough followers yet to do this on my site.
    I only have hidden subscribers right now looking in.
    Alright here we go...
    1.Nothing
    2.Motley Crue - Muther F**ker of the Year.
    3.Yes, and why? So I could visit people I hated in a retirement home after they got old, and say ...damn you don't look so good!
    4.Lex Luthor
    5.WTF is a lorry?
    6.Pizza
    7.Born
    8.Me, and because I said so!
    9.Lunch
    10.Animals hate me , so does that answer your question?
    11.Just the Illegal ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! You're answers are brilliant, especially no.8, and I gotta admire your answer to no.7, I've not seen anyone answer it that straight yet!
      BTW a Lorry is like a huge truck, Red lorry Yellow lorry is a tongue twister, it's hard to say over and over :D

      Delete
  8. Aaah! Another brilliant blog by my wonderful friend, so funny yet so insightful... Love it my dear, long may it continue...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!
      Many apologies for not contributing to a-raw-deal.com but between Uni and this blog, my brains turned into mush! Will try to get on it as soon as I have some time to be intelligent :D

      Delete
    2. Don't worry, my love, anytime, no rush, your uni is more important... Keep checking it out though!

      Delete
  9. OH sweet Jesus in a dump truck, why did you have to tag me!!!! Well, I guess I will comply even though I have already been tagged...because you obeyed the rule and came to my blog and informed me I was tagged, and seemed generally interested in me answering the questions, so I don't want to disapoint you!! How rude that would be, huh? And another reason I will comply is I have already thought of a way to work Boxxy into the post...yeah, cuz an entire post about myself nobody would care about, so I have to work things people care about in there...oh right now I'm starting to ramble.

    I understand what you mean in number 8 about dreams... Though how do you know that thinking you have dreamed it before is just not part of the dream you are having? if that makes any sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry dude! and hey, you know you secretly want to do it ;)

      Ohh you've got me thinking about no.8, I kinda get what your saying, but then my head starts to hurt, it's all too inception-y! But I've never thgouht of it like that!
      Thing with dreams is they can be explained by however we want to explain them, as no one can really verify whether what you're saying is true or not, no one will ever be truly able to explain dreaming (i think anyway!)

      Delete
  10. Whew, didn't get tagged. I've been hit enough lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what, I was gunna tag you! But i figured with the amount of stress you're under with your studies, it would be a bit cruel of me to tag you and add a burden :P

      Delete
  11. Ok.... I have completed my obligation http://www.jimmyfungus.com/2012/02/i-got-tagged-again-dammit-with-capital.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, it is an interesting and fun blog! But a poor decision maker like me it takes a long time.
    keiko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I understand what you mean :) As long as you have fun with it!

      Delete
  13. 1) I'm tri-lingual (I dunno if that's actually a word, but spell check is not telling me otherwise!). I iz fluent in the English, I speak Urdu- not really well, but enough to get by, and I know British Sign Language (so I can diss you via sign and you wouldn't even know mwahahaha). I have a GCSE in German, but I've forgotten most of it, and only remember nonsensical things like 'Meine keneinchen ist groB und dich' <<<there are probably all sorts of things wrong with that sentance. I speak four languages. English, French, Spanish and Cree.

    2) I have a scar in my eye- not on my eye- but actually in my eyeball, my right one. When I was 8, a faulty part of my money box (the cool ones with a little padlock and key) broke when I tried to open it to get some money (for a lion bar!! I remember that I wanted that chocolate so vividly), and so one of the little metal bits flew into my eye. I screamed the house down and my mum called the ambulance. I had three stitches in my eye, and the surgeon told us that the metal part was millimetres away from my retina, and if I had rubbed my eye in the wrong position, I could've lost my sight in my right eye! I have many scars. I used to be a cop.

    3) I LOVE anime and manga. I've seen every 'Sailor Moon' episode (the japanese with eng subs, not the crappy dubbed ones), I adore Death Note, One Piece, Dragon ball and thanks to my cousin Tee, who knows I love manga, I'm obsessed with Naruto! I hate anime and manga. They are antiwomen.

    4) I switched from an android (HTC Desire) to an Iphone 4s! Sorry android gang, I sold out. I was really apprehensive about getting an Iphone, cuz I loved my HTC so much, but the Iphone is AMAZINGGGG. Photo Stream is genius. I have a samsung. I do not support iphone because of their human rights violations in china.

    5) I will graduate from the University of Leeds in the summer in Audiology (google it), if all goes well and I don't fail everything at the last minute! I graduated from three univeristies and one cop school.

    6) I LOVE travelling! I hope to visit every continent at some point. So far I've been to:
    Europe: France (Paris, Calais), Spain (Barcelona), Holland (Amsterdam)
    Africa: Morroco (Marrakech)
    Asia: Pakistan (Jhelum, Lahore, Islamabad), Saudi Arabia (Mecca, Medina), Dubai
    North America: New York (everywhere!), North Carolina (?), Florida (Orlando) I hae travelling but I have to to get somewheres.

    Still South America, Australasia and the Antarctic to go!

    7) My favourite songs of all time are: Charmer- Kings of Leon, Crush on you- Mr Cheeks, Scarred Tissue- RHCP, Run to the Sun- N.E.R.D Zorba the greek and anything by Leonard cohen.

    8) I regularly have dreams that are in places that I've dreamt before- to the point where some of my 'dream worlds' are very very familiar, and I could probably describe them (I wont, it'll bore you). Most people I talk to say they rarely remember what they dream and think they're in diff places every time, but sometimes, I'm dreaming, and I know I've dreamt this place before.........have I lost you?! I rarely dream and when i do, i never remember them.

    9) I get crazy excited when I see anything yellow, and am ridiculously easy to please- I'm like a child...or a pet, actually. Colour leaves me cold. I prefer black and white.

    10) I don't believe that the term 'soulmate' refers exclusively to your life partner. My best friend is my soulmate, because we're just so in sync (or *nsync if you wanna be 90's boyband-ish!), and our friendship is, like, beyond friendship. I need her to survive.....simples. I think soulmate is an excellent come on line. Men usually prefer another thing other than a soul.

    11) I determine who I define as a friend by how comfortable out silences are...I think a true friend is someone who you can comfortably sit in silence with, without having to worry about annoying small talk and superficial conversation. I enjoy silent people.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 11 questions from me.

    1. what is the highest you have ever counted at one time?
    2. Do you believe in extraterrestrial life.
    3. I think your PM looks like kermit the frog. Am a racist because I think that he is actually green?
    4. Have you ever made little mud men with all of their entrails and hearts?
    5. What is the most important sense?
    6. What is your farourite breed of dog?
    7. Would you prefer to live in a warm climate all of the time or do you prefer the seasons?
    8. Do you believe more in Freud or in Jung?
    9. What do you think of Switzerland?
    10.Was charles darwin right?
    11. What is your favourite novel? The first one that comes to your mind?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. I have no idea! The last time I had to count consecutively was when I was a kid playing hide and seek so....50? (I could never count to 100, I'd get bored and start thinking about other things)

      2. Hm...I don't NOT believe in extraterrestrial life, but I wouldn't say that there DEFINITELY is ET life...overall, I'm a believer. I think it's a bit selfish to assume where the only intelligent life forms in the universe.

      3. I don't think that's racist...Unless you dislike him BECAUSE he's green, then that's racist against all green things out there.

      4.Nome. Don't really plan to either, to be honest!

      5.I think personally your sight. I think that would be the most devastating loss o a sense for me, not being able to see my friends or fams faces. Some peoples smiles make me smile.

      6. Japanese Akita. My friends have one and he is the most ADORABLE thing in the world.

      7. I prefer the seasons. I'm a not a big lover of heat. plus in the UK, it's rarely hot, so on one of the few days that the weather is actually lovely, it's nice to see the change in peoples moods and attitudes, just because of a bit of sunshine.

      8. Jung. Freuds a werido. It's funny how every object represents something sexual EXCEPT from cigars....the thing he used to smoke regularly. Convenient, no?

      9. I think they do good to be neutral. The nation undertake weapons training or enrol in the army for a while at a certain age anyway don't they? So it's not like they're not prepared if need be.

      10. I'm sure at the end of 'The origins of speicies' he talks about how human evolution is just a theory, and I'm a Muslim, so Human evolution- nope, rest of the living species- yup.

      11. 'Across the Nightingale floor'. it was the first book I ever fell in love with. I first read it when I was 14, and have since read it and the rest of the books in the series repeatedly. The last book in the series is the only fiction book that has had me weeping like a little child.

      Delete
    2. Good answers. Honest enough. Akitas bite more people than any other race of dogs though. I will check out the nightingale floor. Is it one of those girly books. Does this question make me a sexits?

      Delete