Thursday 9 February 2012

The big reveal!

I'm aware the title is a bit misleading.
I'm worried I've overhyped the whole present thing now, and upon revealing what they are, you guys are gunna think 'This is it!!?'

But oh well, you're just gunna have to sit and enjoy it now aren't you!
(If you haven't already, read the last post 'The Queen of February' here)

Present time:
Thanks for making it all look pretty Tee!
Behold the birthday presents.  Are they close to anything you had in mind!?

So the first clue was about the globe! It was the only clue I could think of without giving away what it actually was! It struck a chord with Flower Power so yay to you!

The second clue was about the Tardis mug.  Tee is absolutely obsessed with Dr Who, and I know she needed a mug, so I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone there! The only reason I wrote that this shouldn't actually be used is because it's so pretty, and the idea of tea staines in the pretty mug upsets me! And I thought it might be hard to drink from a straight surfaced mug...I imagine i'd spill my drink all over me (I'm really un-coordinated, and sometime when I drink water or something from a bottle, I completely miss my mouth :/)

The third clue was about the book at the front of the picture called 'Eeeee Eee Eeee' by Tao Lin.  I fell in love with the cover of this book when I popped into Waterstones, and the storyline is so completely random that I adored it, and hope Tee loves it too!! (If your reading Tee, I wanna borrow it when you've finished reading it!).  The synopsis of the book reads:


'Confused yet intelligent animals attempt to interact with confused yet intelligent humans, resulting in the death of Elijah Wood, Salman Rushdie, and Wong Kar-Wai; the destruction of a Domino's Pizza delivery car in Orlando; and a vegan dinner at a sushi restaurant in Manhattan attended by a dolphin, a bear, a moose, an alien, three humans, and the President of the United States of America, who lectures on the arbitrary nature of consciousness, truth, and the universe before getting drunk and playing poker.'

So the final clue was about the Boogie Board! Note: In the picture it looks pink-ish, but it's actually red.  It's an LCD writing tablet, and I thought it would be cool for her to write down her equations and such when doing an assignment for uni, or just use it generally for funsies!

And then there are some love heart choccies in the middle, for aesthetic pleasure :D

I also loved the birthday card, it was like love at first sight when I saw it!  I knew Tee would appreciate the minimality of it's design, and the lovely little message :) (Or at least I hope she does!!)

Well done to Flower Power, who correctly identified the first present!! My clue was either really awesome, or you have x-ray vision....that works through pictures as well.
My clues were pretty rubbish, so I'm assuming it was the latter.  Pat yourself on the back Flower Power, as I can not physically do it my self.

Happy Birthday Tee.  Love you forever and ever. xoxo

12 comments:

  1. You startled me for a second with the news of the death of Salman Rushdie, then I read the rest of the book description. Your second item where you give the mug as a gift but don't want it to be used because of tea stains made me laugh, then my mind went off on a tangent about killing two birds with one stone, attempting to rearrange the words so there were two stoned birds that weren't being killed but then there was a rock of crack. I know, can you tell its dark and early in my part of the world and I am operating on very little sleep and waaaaaay too much coffee with sugar in it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, your more articulate half asleep than I am fully awake :D

      Delete
  2. I looked at a sample of the book E-E-E online, and bought the Kindle version. I have read several pages (laughing a few times) and here is my initial review:

    There is a theory called the Infinite Monkey Theory that states that if you let a monkey bang away randomly on a typewriter for an infinite period of time he will eventually type the complete works of Shakespeare. From this theory I have derived the Quarter Monkey Theory that states that a monkey using only one hand instead of two and using only half of infinity instead of all of it, could write the book Eeeee Eee Eeee. [For those weak in mathematics, half times one half equals one quarter.] Do keep in mind I mean this as a compliment to the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good stuff! I may have to buy a copy of the book for myself now :D

      Delete
  3. A funny looking dictionary. that is all that i could say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think somebody wants a dictionary for their birthdaayyyyy ;)

      Delete
  4. I love the mug! Anything that has a top on it is good in my book, I always say. I'm going to have to check out Eeeee Eee Eeee, it sounds kooky enough for me. Those are some great gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the mug is amazeballs right?!
      Whoop! glad you think they're good! I do like to think I'm good at gift giving :D

      Delete
  5. I like the boogie board and the eee ee eee book..I think I missed a few a e's :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, I think everyone's missed a few e's!
      Thanks for the follow btw, followed back, you had me at the brief case toilet seat!

      Delete
  6. coool gifts...I got one right the globe! you put a lot of thought in buying presents!

    ReplyDelete