Friday 11 May 2012

Lazy post

I know a post is long overdue, but I've got an exam and two presentations coming up so have been busy coming back and forth from uni and revising etc. etc.

So I hate to do this, cuz it's extreeeeemly lazaaay, but It's just some music that has been helping me through this stressful time!

So Ryan Leslie is, in my opinion, one of the best and underrated RnB artists of our time.  He's currently unsigned, but produces some of the best beats I've heard, EVER! 

excuse his flashy exterior in the video.  Everything seems to be about 'swag' as of late, so I suppose Ryans gotta showcase his! 





The Verve: Bittersweet Symphony.  Brilliant video, even better song.  I don't know why I find this song so uplifting! I feel kinda pumped after listening too it.  the line 'your a slave to the money the you dieeeee' shouldn't really motivate me to get my university work over and done with, seeing as i'll just probably fall into the same boring routine of work, eat sleep, but strangely....it does! 





Now I know this song is pretty much everywhere at the moment, TV, radio, but there's something about Alex Clare's voice that makes me not give a shite about how overhyped and nonsensical most mainstream music is today.  And it has just the right amount of dubstep in it, not too much of the crazy screeching! 




so again, massive apologies for the laziness! But once this is all over I can be back on track with some semi-decent drivel that has happend to moi.
And I promise I will get around to everyones blogs soon! Apologies for the lack of commenting.

xo

15 comments:

  1. Don't worry about it Aysh. You've been busy, and there's nothing wrong with that. Education is very important! Good luck with all your exams and everything :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, you're still posting amid the craziness so good job :P ..Good luck with all the work!! :)

      Delete
    2. thank you Mark! Not long and then I'm freeee!

      And thank you Sujana! I'm still posting, but I feel terrible for not keeping up to date with everyones blogs! It's my mission to go around and catch up!

      Delete
  2. A lot of bloggers seemed to be a bit burned out I noticed. It's the creative process I think. You can't really force yourself to be creative. It has to just happen. For me it certainly is much harder to write when I am tired, or depressed, or just having a bad day. I see nothing wrong with an occasional post like this one, just to let you us know you are still out there fighting the good fight. So, just hang in there, lil buckaroo...and in the words of the immortal Ron Burgundy, "You stay classy, San Diego!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for the pep talk monsieur Fungus!

      Another Ron Burgundy quote that gets me though the day: "No one knows what San Diego means. I think it's German for 'Whales Vagina'"

      Delete
  3. I have no idea who Ryan Leslie is, but he sure is hot. On second thought, I do know who he is. Ryan Leslie is my future husband.

    Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I just posted a lazy post. I feel guilty, but that's all time would allow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your lazy post was waaay better than mine. Yours had the cute factor. And your piercings are totally awesome btw!

      Ryan leslie is amazing, is he not!?

      Delete
  4. Your lazy posts have a lot more text than my lazy posts... lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a problem of waffeling on more then I should! It was supposed to be a really lazy blog, but ended up a semi-lazy one :P

      Delete
  5. Good luck with those exams and presentations. I know how bad they can be. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My exam is over! Dreading the presentations. I hate doing solo ones as I end up stuttering and 'ermm, uhhh-ing' a lot! but not long till it's over :D

      Delete
  6. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a lazy post every now and good! Good luck on the school stuff...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanking you! School is almost over foreverrrrr!

      Delete
  7. Hi, I'm just poking around the blog world looking for new things to read. Nothing very lazy about this post - and I love coming across blogs that share hand picked music. Hope everything school turns out well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks. I would say I hope you enjoyed reading this but there wasn't really much to read! Stay tuned and hopefully I'll write something more impressive :P

      Delete