Sunday 22 April 2012

Every finish line is the beginning of a new race

I tried to google the person whose quote that is, and the most popular result was Lil Wayne, who said it in the J.Lo song 'I'm into you'.

That can't be right, can it? I'm sure weezy was quoting someone else!  If you do know who originally said the above title, please do share :D

Friday the 20th was my least ever day on placement at Dewsbury hospital :(
I spent a whole year working there last year to clinically train as an Audiologist, and went back on March the 19th for a final 5 week placement.  It was really sad to leave, as it's probably the last time I'm ever going to spend proper quality time with them now, and I've made some very very good friends whilst working there!  I have to thank monsieur Zuckerburg at times like this as facebook will probably be the main way of keeping in touch with most of my work friends :)

We got Claire, our placement co-ordinator a massive bunch of flowers as a a thank you gift, as she's been so good to me and my mate Jess who was on placement with me aswell, and she started to cry! The Jess started to cry...and I just stood there with a stupid smile on my face....
I was really sad to go, like honestly my heart was hurting and all that cliched sad stuff, but I'm just not a cryer when it comes to seeing off people! I blubber when watching a film all the time though.

Claires flowers


Mine and Jess's thank you cards.  I like the little thank you man on my card :D


Do you remember in this post I told you about my friend Jane who makes sock monkeys and made my amazing Bobo? Well in that post I was talking about how I asked her to make me a socktopus- cuz lets face it, a sock octopus would be amazing now wouldn't it!?!
Well Jane was always adamant that she would never make me a socktopus cuz she thinks it would look fugz (fugly)....well guess what she went and made me as a leaving present!??!

My Socktopus! and Jess's sock monkey :D
 Yaaaay I got a socktopus :)
Now my sock monkey is called Bobo, but I don't know what to call my lovely socktopussy friend.  I was thinking Klaus? Purely because of that German octopus who predicted which country was gunna win whatever football match last World Cup, remember? I couldn't remember it's name so I thought Klaus would do, very German, ja?

So that's the end of one massive chapter of my life.  I'm so gunna miss the Yorkshire accent. I reckon I were getting pretty good at it to! <<<<*my last feeble attempt at being yorkshire :P*

For those of you not familiar with the Yorkshire accent, here's a taste:

DISSERTATION IS COMPLETED!!!

well....almost.  I just need to reference it and and make a title page and job's a gud'n! <<(see, I'm still being yorkshire)

We've found out our graduation date: July 13th.  Can't wait :D
So I still have a 3000 word essay, a vestibular exam and two presentations to do for the middle of may....and I've started non of them :/
But I'll be ok I reckon, I think I'm doing well in terms of timing.

I've been quite the culture vulture these last few weeks.
Last weekend I went with my mum, M-dawg and her mum to see Phantom of the Opera...and it was AMAZING! I was a bit hesitant at first.  I've never seen it and was worried it might be a bit boring, but it was so interesting, the songs were good and the stage production was awesome!  Would highly recommend it to people :D

And then on Friday my friend Sophs invited me to see JLS with her at the MEN arena.  Now I don't particularly like JLS, but a free ticket is a free ticket! She won the tickets through work, and I was flattered that she asked me to go with her considering she only had one free ticket, so who was I to say no?  After a hard 5 weeks of working 8-6pm without getting paid, the first thing I did was eat some delicious, unhealthy takeaway!

My chicken pakoras and chips and Sophs chicken donner on naan, NOMZ
 So JLS were pretty good.  I got bored halfway and tried to get in a comfy poisition to nap, but it was kinda hard with thousands of screaming teenagers making so much noise.  We ended up leaving early to beat the rush, and cuz we just lost interest.
Don't get me wrong, it's not that they wern't good, they just don't tickle my fancy. The concert itself was pretty cool, they had lots of fireworks and hanging from the ceiling on wires and shirtless dancing etc. etc. but I just didn't really know any of there songs so found my self singing Frank Ocean to Sophs.

pretty big concerttttt

Oh! I also have a Job interview at Liverpool Royal Hospital next Wednesday!  I was in two minds as to whether to mention it in this post, as I thought it would be awkward to be like 'darn I didn't get the job, womp womp' but then I remembered the whole point of me doing this blog was to share stuff about myself.  Would be pointless other wise!
I wondered if I should put on  scouse accent at the interview, but then thought It would probably offend and shock them.  So normal mancunian accent it is then!
Again, if you're not familiar with the scouse accent (liverpudlian accent) here you go!


Ok, that's a a bit of an exaggeration! The puppets supposed to be Wayne Rooney :P
I do love the scouse accent, but then again, I love any accent that's different from mine!

But yes, that's the latest in my little world.
To conclude, I thought I'd leave you with this funny pic I found.  I've done pretty much everything on this! especially the public boner :/

xo

12 comments:

  1. I like the eyes of your octopus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh so much to comment on x_x

    Well first off I'm glad you still have a way to keep in touch with the people you met there :) I suppose it's a sign of how much I like the people at work that I don't bother talking to them outside of work. The Socktopus is awesome too :D Klaus is a nice name, but the name of the German octopus who predicted the matches in the World Cup was called Paul. I really love the cards as well :D

    Congratulations on graduating. If I'm saying that before you know you have then still, congratulations on graduating :P Just read it again when you know for sure.

    The takeaway looks quite nice, and I am very hungry, but I don't think I'd go to a JLS concert, even for free with a meal. Phantom of The Opera though, oh I'd do weird and disturbing things to get the chance to go see that.

    Good luck with the job too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul! That's the name!! Ahh well Klaus is Klaus now :)
      Go watch Phantom of the Opera if you get a chance, the movies good, but the theatre show is something else!! Thanks for the good wishes :)

      Delete
  3. I love your socktopus! She should really sell those...they're made of awesome. Good luck on your job interview! I hope you rock it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told her to make an Etsy page, she'd make a fortune! Bt she's worried it'll become a chore for her and she won't find it fun Anymore, she's so deep!

      Delete
  4. I think "Every finish line is a beginning of a new race" is kind of a twist on "When one door closes another one opens." The socktopus is amazin', and I love those accents. I think the only 2 merit badges I could not earn are the maxi pad thing, and public boner..heh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, you sure about the maxi pad thing? :P

      Delete
  5. You're going to hate me for saying this, but the accents sounded the same to me. I was quite fond of this Cornish boy (I may have already shared this with you), and he would often tell me that the Cornish accent was to England what the Texas accent is to America. He sounded plain English to me. Maybe if I hear more of the different accents in England, I'll hear what everyone else hears. I'll tell you one thing, it doesn't sound German. That is one scary accent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh I do like a Cornish accent, it is very distinctive :)
      I did German in high school! It was pretty easy, but is a very harsh language. Not as sensual as French, or as fun as Spanish, but hey, if you wanna intimidate someone, learn deutsch!

      Delete
  6. Have you ever seen 'The Vampire Diaries'? If you haven't then you're missing out. Anyway, there's a Vampire called 'Klaus' in it, so you should definitely name your octopus after him :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nooooo twilight kinda put me off anything vampirey now, but I shall have to google this Klaus as the adverts for vampire diaries always show really cute guys!! Thanks for the heads up ;)

    ReplyDelete